How Trinity HealthShare Works?
Trinity HealthShare was designed with the modern-day healthy person and everyday Christian in mind. Trinity wanted to alleviate the burden of expensive health care cost by offering an affordable option aligning with both individual state laws and our Christian beliefs.
What are the requirements to become a member of Trinity HealthShare?
- Participating members age 18 or older must agree and abide by our Statement of Beliefs.
- Members agree to:
- Abstain from sex outside of traditional Christian marriage
- To not abuse alcohol, or legal/illegal drugs
- Refrain from tobacco and inhalants (subject to additional contribution and sharing regulations)
- Members must submit the required medical history form following successful enrollment.
How does Trinity HealthShare membership work?
- Members enroll in a program that best fits their individual and family needs.
- The membership begins on a date specified by Trinity HealthShare in writing to the member.
- Members make voluntary faith based monthly contributions to facilitate the sharing of eligible medical expenses.
- Monthly contributions are transferred to Trinity’s ShareBox.
- Sharebox contributions are distributed towards other participating members’ eligible medical expenses.
- Members participate in healthy living and lifestyle choices as outlined in the member guidelines.
- When a member has an eligible medical need arise, the member will pay towards their annual Member Shared Responsibility Amount (MSRA) first, and then if eligible the medical expenses will be shared amongst other Trinity HealthShare participants.
How are Sharing Requests processed?
- Members select an in-network provider or facility where they present their member ID card at the time of their visit.
- Members are responsible for paying toward their annual Member Shared Responsibility Amount (MSRA) and/or their consult fee at the time of their medical visit.
- The provider will complete a medical claim form, observed by Trinity HealthShare as a share request, in order to submit a payment request for the medical services rendered.
- After receiving a share request from the member or provider, Trinity HealthShare will assign the eligible expense(s) for sharing to other members, less the amount of personal responsibility required, called the Member Shared Responsibility Amount (MSRA).
- Eligibility for payment is then determined by a third-party administrator, based on Trinity’s membership guidelines.
- If eligible, payment is issued.
*Trinity HealthShare programs may exclude or have sharing limitations for pre-existing conditions. Please be sure to enroll in the program that is the best fit for you and your family’s health care needs*