Summer is all about enjoying some fun in the sun, but it’s important for you and your family to stay hydrated. Try out these 3 healthy and refreshing non-alcoholic drink recipes that are sure to be a hit for the whole family to enjoy!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
This classic smoothie is an easy to make, kid-approved option for adding more healthy fruits to your daily diet! This recipe yields 2 servings.
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 fresh, peeled banana (if the banana is frozen, skip the ice)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 cup of milk (any kind you prefer—regular, oat, almond, soy—will work!)
- Optional: chia seeds, flax seeds, greens, greek yogurt, or protein powder.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Pulse until smooth
- Serve and enjoy!
Put a fun spin on this quintessential summer drink and try this deliciously healthy lemonade to quench your thirst! This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 5 fresh lemons
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 4 cups of cold water
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedges
- Juice the lemons
- Add lemon juice in the blender with honey
- Blend until smooth
- Add mixture to cold water and stir well
- Serve with ice and lemon wedges, and enjoy!
Tropical Green Smoothie
Put a tropical twist on a healthy green smoothie to incorporate those delicious summer flavors. This family-friendly recipe is great for all ages and yields 2 servings.
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of mango
- 1 cup of pineapple
- 2 peeled, quartered, and frozen bananas
- Blend greens and water until smooth
- Add mango, pineapple, and bananas then blend
Staying hydrated and adding essential nutrients into your diet is crucial for your health and wellness. Incorporating healthy drinks with fresh ingredients into your day is a great way to do so. Trinity HealthShare offers a wide range of Health Care Sharing Ministry programs designed to reduce healthcare costs and put the power of choice back into the hands of individuals and families. Feel free to reach out to us to learn more by visiting our website or calling us at (844) 834-3456.
“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
—1 Corinthians 10:31